iRobot 12601 Looj 135 Remote Controlled Cordless Electric Gutter Cleaning Robot is one of the top of my favorite gutter cleaning tools, maybe I’m a little biased with remote controlled stuff but this thing helps me clean gutters fast. iRobot Looj has evolved from older models, such as iRobot Looj 125 (no case) and the iRobot Looj 12101 (older model). iRobot Looj (ASIN: B001RTSAPK, model number: 12501) weighs 5 pounds, 2-1/4” high and 3-1/4” wide, and is the best way to clean your gutters remotely. Here’s my iRobot Looj Reviews:
Features of the iRobot Looj Gutter Cleaning Robot:
- Comes with a hard case for storage and protect the gear when not used. It also comes with an extra auger, just in case.
- It is compatible with K-style, aluminum, copper, metal or vinyl gutters
- It comes with an internal antenna which allows you to remote control it for up to 40 feet away.
- Goes forward slowly to give a thorough clean and moves back faster to finish up quicker.
- A powerful Flexible Auger can blast thru debris and clogs.
- Spins at 500 RPM and Waterproof up to 1 foot of water
About the iRobot Looj Gutter Cleaning Robot:
- Gutter Cleaning Robot (iRobot Looj 135)
- 3-Stage Auger
- Remote Control (Batteries not included)
- iRobot Looj Rechargeable Battery with Charger
- Belt Clip
- Hard Storage Case
Pros: It was very easy to carry as well, as it attached on my belt with the belt clip. I was able to clean my whole gutters with just one charge (my gutters are around 100 feet). The iRobot Looj Gutter Cleaning Robot was able to clean my gutters without me needing to overreach and move my ladders frequently. I loved the remote control part as it gave me a lot of control, especially with clogs, I was able to go back and forth a certain clog to really push it out of the way. It cut my gutter cleaning time by almost half by lessening my ladder positioning movements (making it safe). It was so easy to clean, I just needed to bring it down and spray it with water (removed the remote control when doing so). At $149.99, it’s cheaper than getting a professional and it also cut my cleaning time by half which I can use for other things I’d like to do (time is money right).
Cons: There were some debris left in the gutter (minor ones like leaves that sticked), but all I needed to do was to spray it with water. You’d also need a goggles when operating the iRobot Looj, this is to make sure that the debris that it blows away doesn’t get into your eyes. The debris were scattered on the ground, so I had to clean up on the ground afterwards.
Best Feature: What I really love about it is the fact that it’s remote controlled and I can do it at a distance, with less ladder movements and go back on places that have a lot more debris. It saved me a lot of time because of that, as opposed to the Gutter Getter Scoop, which took me a little bit more time to clean (I had to clean on the ground afterwards, but it can also be used side-by-side with the scooper).
- Make sure that the ladder is in the secure position
- Use the belt clip to carry the iRobot Looj
- Place iRobot Looj in the gutter and make sure to remove the remote control
- Use the remote to go forward and back
- Use the water hose to clean the iRobot Looj after the gutter cleaning is done.
Video Demo: 2007 with the iRobot Looj 125 (the older model)
I have really enjoyed giving my iRobot Gutter Cleaner Reviews, somehow I did feel like a kid playing a remote controlled car but I was actually able to do my cleaning tasks. I also felt safe not needing to move, extend or reach on anything except for the iRobot. It cut my cleaning time which was really really cool.
So if you’re looking for a fun, safe, and fast way of cleaning your gutters, this is the best way. Doing my gutter cleaning task isn’t as dull and dangerous anymore thanks to this product. Currently it has 3 models available in the market, but this is the middle one, the difference between the top of the line and this is the extra rechargeable battery (but you might not need it as one battery can last up to 150 feet of gutters). It’s sold on Amazon for $149.99 check it out.